Why should you add green tea to your diet plan?
What comes to your mind when you think of Green tea!! It’s a healthiest beverage! It helps in weight loss! It delays aging! right! Yes. Because it is. Green tea is loaded with health benefits! But why exactly should you add it to your diet plan?
Green tea contains caffeine and a type of flavonoid called catechin, which is an antioxidant. Research suggests that both compounds can speed up metabolism. Catechin can help to break down excess fat, while both catechin and caffeine can increase the amount of energy the body uses.
In one study by American Journal of Clinical Nutrition involving 10 healthy men, taking green tea extract increased the number of calories burned by 4%. In another involving 12 healthy men, green tea extract increased fat oxidation by 17%, compared with those taking a placebo. Caffeine may also improve physical performance by mobilizing fatty acids from fat tissue and making them available for use as energy.
How to consume green tea for maximum benefits for diet?
- You should drink 2 and 3 cups of hot green tea throughout the day should be sufficient for supplementing weight loss. It also depends on how much caffeine you consume and how is your natural metabolism.
- Use minimally processed green tea like our loose tea Lime Punch, as it has the maximum health benefits and it works on fat burning process.
- Some green tea varieties are better for weight loss than others. If you’re on a weight-loss mission, you might want to choose Lemon Green tea or Mint green tea—the rich green tea source of with nutrients and antioxidants. You can select Lime Punch or Go Green from our range.
- A lot depends on brewing process of green tea to get best results. When brewing green tea, take a little extra care, as boiling water is bad for the precious catechins. Bring water to a boil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then, pour the water over the tea and brew for about one minute before serving. Brew for longer time if you like a strong taste.
- Keep yourself physically active and maintain a good diet along with green tea for great results. Drinking green tea alone would not give desired results.
The benefits of green tea:
- Improved brain function
- Delayed aging
- Protecting against cancer
- Lowering the risk of heart disease
- Hydrating body
- It improves your moods
- Antiviral agent
- Prevent diabetes
- Maintains healthy circulatory system
- Strengthen teeth
- Prevents dementia
- Gives healthy skin
Even if you are not on a weight loss plan or strict diet, green tea is a good addition to your daily routine. It is a super healthy drink with numbers of benefits. But remember, you have to choose least processed green tea so that you can get best benefits of it.
written by Jyoti Dasila